Besides offering overnight retreats, Meher Spiritual Center is also available for people to visit for a few hours at a time in the day or evening.
All visitors are to enter through the main gate on Highway 17 (across from the Myrtle Beach Mall) and check in at the Gateway Office.
Day Visiting Hours
Monday – Friday: 2 – 5 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Day Visit Guidelines
1. Wear covered shoes at all times on the Center.
2. Pets, firearms, alcohol, and illegal drugs are not allowed on the property.
3. All guest cabins and use of kitchens for cooking are reserved for overnight retreat guests only.
4. Day visitors are asked not to use the Center to access the beach for swimming.
5. Smoking is strictly prohibited except where clay pots are provided.
6. Direct any safety concerns to the Gateway (843-272-5777).
PLACES TO VISIT
Public Buildings and Hours
The Lagoon Cabin
Open throughout the day and evening for quietude and reflection.
Every day: 9 – 4 p.m.
The Dilruba Reading Room
Every day: 9 a.m. – 11 p.m.
The Saroja Library
Every day (except for Sunday): 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 2 – 4 p.m.
Sunday: 2 – 4 p.m.
Meher Abode (Baba’s House)
Tuesday: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Friday: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Additional Day Visiting Information
There are many walking trails winding through the Center’s approximately 500 acres. On arrival at the Center Gateway, review the directives for trail use.
Outdoor Sitting Areas
Throughout the Center there are many outdoor sitting areas, screened porches and play areas for children.
Evening visits are for attending programs only. Please check our Weekly Calendar for program information.